We focus on families and individuals living 80% below the Federal Poverty Guideline. We provide assistance and we advocate on issues that affect our communities working poor, the disabled, the elderly, and the homeless. Founded in Catholic social teaching, Catholic Charities of Corpus Christi is motivated to assist those who are in most need, by helping people move towards achieving self-sufficiency.
- We address our client's spiritual, emotional, physical, and financial needs.
- We promote family and individual self-sufficiency.
- We work to reduce and eliminate poverty, support families, and empower communities.
- We advocate for social changes that will broaden a persons opportunities for growth and independence.
- We believe that justice and compassion demand of us a commitment to listen and respond to the needs of all, especially the poor and powerless.
- We believe that respect for personal dignity calls us to recognize and to respond to the cultural uniqueness of all people.
- We believe that an atmosphere of acceptance and empathy enhances potential for healing.
- We believe that respect for the person is demonstrated by maintaining confidentiality and standards of excellence in the delivery of services.
- We believe that responsible Christian stewardship requires wise leadership in the planning and administration of human and financial resources.